Mga Pahina

Linggo, Nobyembre 13, 2016

MY LOVE FOR YOU



My Love for You
 _____________

Early I rise from peaceful slumber,
With first thought of Your love so tender.
Awaken from the rest by eagerness and yearning
To be with You in the very first hour of the morning.

Groomed and attired at my very best,
I walk to Your dwelling, eager for You to bless.
As I tread the path to Your sacred place,
Can’t stop my hearth from humming a sincere tune of praise.

In Your house of prayer, in silence … I meditate,
Examining closely my life, more so my faith.
Ashamed of myself-for my sins-I bow my head … even lower than before,
Beseeching You, “Father, forgive Your unworthy servant once more!”

What do I have that could ever equal,
The greatness of Your love and Your promise of life eternal?
What I can do is offer You, songs and praise,
Not from my lips alone but from my heart to You I raise.

Grant me Your wisdom, O Lord, I pray
So that Your holy words I may know and obey
Bless me with meekness and humility,
And a love for You to last for all eternity.



Joel A. Maningding
Manila, Philippines
January 2016

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento